Spiritual Care Coordinator
Manitowoc and Calumet Counties
“Come Grow With Us”
Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice’s Mission is simple: “Our Promise is to provide compassionate care and quality of life to all those in need.”
Our promise to you:
- Patients and families we serve come first!
- You will never be reprimanded for spending too much time assisting a patient or family!
- Pride in serving with a well-regarded community-supported organization!
- Considerably less weekend and holiday rotations!
- Quality support to assist you in being your best!
- Very competitive wage and benefits!
This a Part-time, a four day a week position, probably increasing to full-time.
Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice’s spiritual services are designed to assist patients, caregivers, and family. The spiritual Intern provides skilled services, assessments, and support to help our patients, caregivers, and families as they move through the end of life journey.
- Assessment and coordination of spiritual counseling services to support patients, families, and caregivers.
- Provision of spiritual counseling to meet the needs in accordance with the patients’ and family’s acceptance of this service and in a manner consistent with the patient and family’s beliefs and desires.
- Coordination of referrals of family members to non-hospice community programs where appropriate.
- Facilitation of visits by local clergy, pastoral counselors, or other individuals who can support the patient’s spiritual needs to the highest quality.
- Development and delivery of programs to the community on hospice, loss, and related issues.
- 100% Accuracy and timely reporting to meet all federal, state, and SSRCH standards for spiritual care counseling
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as required.
- Participates in on-call counseling support as required.
- Assist with funeral services when support is requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of religion, theology, psychology, or philosophy- credits qualifying junior status.
- Certificate/Degree/License Requirements: Valid Wisconsin driver’s license upon hire; renewal as required. Must carry car insurance on vehicle used to perform job and maintain an acceptable driving record. Certified in CPR BLS according to the American Heart Association and/or the Red Cross.
- Experience Requirements: Must possess the capacity by training and experience in grief or loss counseling to provide for spiritual support of families, including the ability to organize a program of directed care services provided to family members. Will need to possess the exceptional talent required to create and deliver distinguished programs to meet the needs of people who experience loss of any kind
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively with people of all socioeconomic backgrounds. Able to recognize and respond to non-verbal cues and communication.